Saturday, May 2, 2015

Homemade Shampoo Soap Bar!

Luxurious Shampoo Bar!

I have spent a lot of time researching homemade shampoo.  I have even tried a couple of my own recipes, without much success.  Not too long ago I came upon this recipe from Great Cakes Soapworks for a Fabulous Shampoo Bar Recipe.  I have always used salon quality shampoos and conditioners, therefore I was a bit apprehensive at first.  We ladies can be very protective about our hair, but I went for it and made up a batch of her recipe, and wow, was I ever pleasantly surprised!


Here's the scoop - it lathers up very nicely, cleanses beautifully, and leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean, silky and shiny.  It combs out rather easily without using conditioner, but I choose to use a very inexpensive one just to make my life a little easier, but it's not necessary.  My hair has body, but isn't weighed down as one might think, not at all.

Love this Shampoo bar!

You know how when using commercial shampoos, every now and then you need to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of product buildup? Well, with this shampoo bar, I don't believe that will be necessary. It cleanses beautifully and completely, but without stripping your hair of its natural oils.  Every ingredient in this shampoo bar is chosen especially to be beneficial to the hair, and believe me, it is.  It is a hard bar that generates a very nice creamy and bubbly lather.  I actually use it on both my hair and body.  Love the convenience!

I've been using this shampoo bar for about two months now, and my hair actually feels stronger than before.  I have a lot of very fine hair, and am letting my natural grey hair grow out.  I've never had a lot of body to my hair, and with the absence of color treatments, I've had less.  But, after using this shampoo bar for several weeks, I think my hair has actually developed more body of its own.


Better than traditional shampoo!

I believe this shampoo bar to be a much healthier option than commercial shampoos, as everything in it is completely natural and good for you.  Not to mention the economical savings if you make your own.  Why not give it a try, either make some for yourself, or purchase some from our Marketplace.


Carpe Diem! Lil and Bill

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!! I'm so glad you are having such excellent results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's a product well worth sharing!

      Delete
  2. This is a perfect alternative to shampoo! I also have fine hair, and it works very well. It smells amazing too!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!